One Month Course
Significantly progress your harp skills, explore a wide range of repertoire and enjoy life in the heart of Ireland!. Bring your walking boots for all our venues as we locate in exceptional locations of Irish rural scenery, nature and community life.
Your harp training programme will be specially tailored to your needs and interests and will be designed with Janet in the first days of the course.
Your course will include:
- 3 hours of one-on-one training with Janet Harbison per week
- Approximately 6 hours of group training per week
- Technique development: progressing agility, dexterity, precision, strength, control and speed
- Prescribing and managing fixes to technical issues
- Up to 16 hours optional teaching observation (and participation where appropriate)
- Teacher training (in the Irish Harp College method)
- Formal performance; stage-craft and ensemble performance with the National Harp Orchestra
- Entertainer training and professional engagement (if desired)
- Repertoire Expansion in all areas
- Session training and participation
- Creative Musicianship in arrangement, accompaniment and improvisation
- Fleadh, Feis and Festival preparation (if desired)
What you will achieve:
In all area’s of the programme:
- Progression of performance skills
- Improvement of confidence levels
- Understanding and involvement in the tradition of harping
- Certification and Qualification (for credits with the Irish Harp College) as you are ready
What you will also enjoy:
- Evening activities
Weekly participation in Tuesday folk sessions in Herbert's, and Wednesday trad sessions in Guerin's (pubs). Also Set Dancing (when available) and potential attendance at the Medieval Banquet at Bunratty Castle (separate cost) and all the activities, parties and gatherings at the Irish Harp Centre.
Trips to Limerick City (including visits to St Mary’s Cathedral, King John’s Castle and the Hunt Museum), Adare Village (Ireland’s best preserved medieval town), the beautiful town of Killaloe (home of Brian Boru) and a shopping trip to Blarney Woollen Mills..
Cost of course in 2016: €3,800
This includes all harp tuition, exams, one tutor book, inclusion for dinner at the Harp Centre on 'party nights', and wifi. Other instrument tuition and Bunratty banquet are not included in the fee.
Additional fee for teacher trainees €180
Self catered accommodation in a shared (twin) room €800
Self catered accommodation in a single room €1,000
Self catered accommodation in the Harp Centre Cottage (all your own facilities) €1,920
Harp hire €50
Shannon Airport taxi transfer to Harp Centre €60
Pickup at Limerick Train / Bus station €20
Pickup at Annacotty Bust Stop (from Dublin Airport) €12
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for upcoming courses and to register your interest!